Board with us for a rare and unforgettable experience: swimming with the biggest fish in the world, the mythical whale shark
Whale shark Rand'eau
You just need to get fins/mask/ snorkel equipment, slip into the water and you will able to swim with this animal which can reach 9m in length.
Whale sharks come to feed in the rich waters of Nosy Be and can be found from the end of September. Thanks to our knowledge of the area and our network of partners on the water, you have more than 95% of chance to spot them!
It is an experience accessible to all: even if you are not a good swimmer, To get in the water, we adapt to your level and to conditions. For people who cannot swim, they can enjoy the animals from the boat, without getting into the water and also live an unforgettable experience...
- 8:15 am: Departure from Nosy Be and briefing on board
- 8:30 am to 12:30 pm: Morning dedicated to research and swimming with whale sharks
- 1 p.m .: Traditional meal by the beach on the island of NosySakatia (raw vegetables, coconut rice, grilled fish, octopus sauce, pancakes and fruit or donuts)
- 2:15 pm:: Snorkeling on the reef or on the seagrass to observe the green turtles
- 3 p.m .: Return to Nosy Be
Meal, water, snorkeling equipment and bananas on board!
Download the activity
8m long by 2.50m wide
Equipped with a awning for sun protection, storage case for your bags, a shelf and a fin racket, these boats are perfectly designed for our activity.
Hear the whalesong!
Thanks to our hydrophone, you may have the chance to hear humpback whalesong or listen to dolphins communicate. "The world of silence" is not that silent!
+ 90% success rate
Experience and network of water informants!
For humpback whale and whale shark it's more than 95% of chance to sigth, 99% for turtles and 85% for dolphins
Waterproof identification sheet on fauna and flora
In addition to the presence of a specialized guide at each outing, you will be able to find out more by consulting the documentation made available to you on our boats.