FAQ activities at Nosy Be
Our departures are from our center located on Madirokely Beach, right next to the LE TSY MANIN Bar / Resto, at 8:15 am. If you wish to come by taxi / tuk tuk please specify to your driver: "TATI CHRIS", this is a bar that all drivers know!
For outings "RAND'EAU REQUINS BALEINE", "RAND'EAU BALEINES" we can also pick you up at:
- 8:30 am on AMBONDRONA beach in front of the NOSY LODGE Hotel
- 8.45 am on SHANTY BEACH beach
For “MARINE SAFARI Nosy Iranja”, “BIVOUAC” and “RAND'EAU PALMEE TORTUES” departure and return from our center.
In order to limit the waiting time for other passengers, we ask you to anticipate your transfers to be on time for departure. We will wait a maximum of 15 minutes and will leave without the latecomers. In case of delay, please notify us.
We do not organize taxi or Tuk Tuk transfers. Please contact your accommodation managers directly for this. However, during excursion returns to our center we can contact a taxi if you wish (at your expense).
We adapt the launches according to our passengers and the conditions and level of each. If we are not comfortable it is important to report it to your guide so that he can accompany you in the water at a suitable time.
For people who cannot swim, they can board and enjoy the animals from the boat, without getting into the water.
We do not know your level in the water, so it is your own responsibility to slip into the water with the animals, always with a priority on safety on the part of our teams!
We will never guarantee the observation of species during our outings. We do everything we can to find the animals, but even in high season, nature decides! We are however very honest about the chances of seeing the animals and warn our passengers in advance when the chances are low. Our success rates are however very high: more than 90% over the whole season!
- A towel
- During our excursions, we can go regularly in the water. So please arrive in a swimsuit ... ready to slip into the water!
- Camera: you can take your cameras, gopro, etc. However, for non-waterproof cameras, we cannot be held responsible for any damage.
For the Bivouacs:
- Provide only a small bag with: dry items for the evening, toiletries
- You can leave your suitcases and valuables (passports, money, electronic devices, etc.) at our center
In order to limit the impact on the environment, we ask you:
- To provide a Lycra.
- To limit the use of sunscreen, which is extremely harmful to reefs, and to favor "Water Friendly" sunscreens.
- Put sunscreen at the start of the outing and not just before getting in the water.
Launching with humpback whales is prohibited in Madagascar, so observation is made from the boat. However, bets are possible with whale sharks, rays, turtles ...